Top 10 Reasons NOT to get Pregnant
The list seems endless, but I’ve narrowed it down to the top 10 reasons why any woman should not get pregnant. They are (in no particular order):
1. Financial- Babies are expensive. Toddlers are expensive. Teenagers are expensive. College graduates are expensive. And that’s only half the lifetime of your child.
2. Situation- If your situation consists of you being a single parent, too young or living with a relative, it’s probably a good idea not to get pregnant at the moment.
3. Emotions- Hormone levels go crazy during pregnancy. If you’re already “unstable” you might want to rethink getting pregnant, it won’t make the rollercoaster less bumpy.
4. Weight Gain- Many women are already concerned with the way they look, even the skinny ones think they could lose a few pounds here and there. Most women gain 10-20 lbs during pregnancy, but struggle to take it off once the baby is born.
5. Cankles- Does this really need anymore explaining?
6. Morning Sickness- Morning sickness is no fun, and even though it’s only supposed to last through the first trimester, that’s 1/3 of the entire pregnancy spent feeling nausea.
7. The “NO” List- You know what I’m talking about; No caffeine, No alcohol, No smoking, No drugs (legal and illegal forms), No seafood, No rollercoaster’s (other than your emotional one), No activities, No fun!
8. Genetics- Come on, think back to your teenage years, do you really want to hear the laughs, chuckles and I-told-you-so’s from your parents? Do you really want to pass on some of the genes your baby-making partner contains?
9. Breastfeeding- I know this is supposed to be a bonding moment, however your breasts are already tender enough from the pregnancy. Besides that, the constant leakage is no fun and the never ending chomping, sucking and biting of your tender nipples isn’t all that it’s cracked up to be.
10. Labor- Although some labors last just an hour or two, most don’t. Some last for days or even weeks. The pain, infections, lack of comfort, sweating, pushing, spreading of the legs and the popping out something the size of a bowling ball out of your vagina is definitely a reason not to get pregnant.
So, if these reasons don’t convince you to rethink pregnancy, then check out our page Tips To Get Pregnant.